Join Our Team
Rural Solutions, Inc. is searching for highly skilled and motivated people to add to our technology team! RSI has been providing technology solutions to rural communities for over twenty years. We offer professional IT services to meet the needs of individuals, businesses, and government agencies both onsite and in our shops in Milbank, SD and Madison, MN. Resumes and questions of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Support Assistant – Full Time
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong understanding of desktop operating systems, routinely thinks outside the box to solve problems quickly and understands what impeccable customer service is all about. The Computer Technician will be responsible for repairing computers and performing technical and system diagnostics, providing technical assistance to computer system users, assisting with network maintenance and repair, cabling and installation of networks and camera systems. If you are interested in joining a collaborative team, please submit your application today.
Qualifications: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field; experience preferred; must have reliable transportation for access to work locations.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant – Full or Part Time
We are looking for a friendly and responsible person to join our team as Receptionist in our Milbank location. Responsibilities include greeting and assisting customers in the store and on the telephone, providing support to our employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience in retail or as an Administrative Assistant, and have familiarity with our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Qualifications: Previous experience in customer service or administrative support.
Network Administrator – Full Time
The Network Administrator is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting a company’s computer systems within the computer user’s environment. This will require someone who excels in the technical field and relates well with others. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments. Will need: People Skills, Communication Skills, Documentation, Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study.
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Design, install and maintain camera and phone systems as part of the network.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field; experience preferred